The Month of August
The Year of Giving Back initiative honors Knights of Columbus, Men’s Club and Liturgy - Alter Servers - Art & Environment - Linen Care - Audio Ministry - Sacristans - Ministers to the Hearing Impaired - Hospitality Ministers - Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion - Lectors - Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the Sick (and Homebound) - Bereavement and Daily Mass. Everyone is invited to attend a social hour honoring these individuals after Wednesday evening mass on August 16th from 7 pm to 8 pm in Brennan Auditorium. All are welcome to come and celebrate the many spiritual gifts these individuals have brought to our parish through their participation in these twelve arenas of inspiration.
Please remember to take a moment after mass to write a few words of appreciation on the wall in the back of the church.
Fr. Izzy has designated 2017 at STM as the Year of Giving Back.
Each month, specific ministries will be recognized:
· ministry leaders, ministers, and the originators of ministries will be recognized at Sunday masses
· all are invited to attend the 6:30 mass on the third Wednesday of each month which will be said in their honor
· all are invited to a recognition social after this mass, 7-8pm (location announced at mass)
· parishioners can thank, encourage, and honor each month's ministries on a Recognition Wall in the entryway of church
· recognized ministries will be highlighted in the bulletin, on our website and Facebook pages, and in our e-newsletter
· prayers will be offered for these ministries by our STM Prayer Line, & those praying in the Adoration and tabernacle chapels
· during the second half of 2017, various opportunities for "giving back" will be highlighted.
We invite all parishioners to join in the Year of Giving Back by adding their congratulations to each month's recognized ministries, and to prayerfully consider ways God may be calling them to Give Back to the STM community.
-The Year of Giving Back Committee