Advent Giving Tree
Our parish community has always opened up their hearts and shared generously the blessings they have received with their support of the annual Advent Giving Tree held in early December of each year.
This is a wonderful opportunity for St. Thomas More families to reach out and extend a hand, during the Advent season, to the working poor in our midst who without our help would not have Christmas gifts for themselves or their children at a time when we celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior.We have been able to support non-profit organizations in their efforts, as well as individuals and other families from St Thomas More itself. It is sisters and brothers helping one another as we prepare to celebrate the Word of God becoming flesh. Let us never forget that Jesus Christ our Lord is the reason for the season.
Over the past seven years with the help of your generosity, STM has been able to provided the following support:
- 2012: We supported 12 non-profit organizations, 192 families, 1106 individuals, and provided, 1907 gifts
- 2011: We supported 12 non-profit organizations, 159 families, 887 individuals, and provided 1,781 gifts
- 2010: We supported 12 non-profit organizations, 164 families, 824 individuals, and provided 1,833 gifts
- 2009: We supported 14 non-profit organizations, 175 families, 850 individuals, and provided 1,922 gifts
- 2008: We supported 11 non-profit organizations, 201 families, 1,075 individuals, and provided 1,650 gifts
- 2007: We supported 10 non-profit organizations, 178 families, 872 individuals, and provided 1,511 gifts
- 2006: We supported 6 non-profit organizations, 131 families, 450 individuals, and provided 1,300 gifts
There are Volunteer opportunities, which include being part of the planning team, help putting the putting the tags on the trees, helping during the gift collection weekends in Advent, sorting and packing the collected gifts by non-profit.
For more information about how you may volunteer to help in the annual
Advent Giving Tree Ministry please contact:
Nicole Iwinski, 734-276-8899, firstname.lastname@example.org