Stewardship is a way of life. It is a way of living each day in gratitude for all the blessings that God has given to us. We do not own the gifts God gives to us. We are only here on earth to use those gifts to do God's work. The roots of stewardship can be found in the Bible, which tells us over and over that God is the Creator and Giver of all gifts. It is our responsibility to show our gratitude to God for these gifts, by giving back to Him a truly grateful share. At St. Thomas More we have a Stewardship Committee that guides the parish and its ministries in living the stewardship way of life.
Meetings & Events
The Stewardship Committee meets monthly on the first Tuesday. The committee is formed of parishioners appointed by our priests. Their mission is:
The Stewardship Committee glorifies God by:
- Engaging the parish on the importance of stewardship in our faith life.
- Educating the parish on how we share our time, talents, and treasure to reflect how we live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our daily lives.
- Encouraging the parish to acknowledge the gifts that God has given to each of us including time, talent and treasure.
- Promoting the generous sharing of our gifts by gratefully giving back to God.
- Helping create service through ministries, as a means by which we become God's stewards and provide avenues for fulfilling our baptismal responsibilities.